I provide gentle, effective counselling for adults and youth. My goal is for you to feel safe and cared for, while we work together on helping you achieve your unique goals.
My comfortable and private counselling office in South Rutland (near Costco) is accessible by Kelowna public transit and also has free parking. When you book your first appointment, I will provide the address and arrival/parking instructions.
My practice areas include:
- self-esteem and self-worth
- life transitions and decisions
- health issues and disabilities
- grief and loss
- LGBTQ+ individuals and families
- relationship issues
- depression and anxiety
- strengths assessments and strengths coaching
I am an existential and anti-oppressive counsellor. What does that mean? It's simple. I believe that if you exist, you belong. People lose track of their worthiness and sense of purpose in life when they have been told distorted stories about their identities. My role is to create a safe space where people can discover their authentic selves, overcome challenges, heal past wounds, and discover their gifts and passions.
I have a Master's Degree in Clinical Social Work (MSW) and a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (BSW, Child Protection Specialization). I am registered with the BC College of Social Workers (RSW #12234), and am a member in good standing with the BC Association of Social Workers. My counselling approaches include elements of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), art therapy, inner child therapy, narrative therapy, self-regulation therapy, anti-oppressive theory, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT), dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT), existential theory, psychodynamic theory, and motivational interviewing (MI).
Current Appointment Availability (now through to end of June 2019)
- Some evenings
- Initial meet and greet (15 minutes) = NO FEE (a brief meeting so you can decide whether my services are a good fit for you)
- 1 hour session (60 minutes) = $120 total
- 1.5 hour session (90 minutes) = $150 total (recommended if multiple people are attending a session together)
- Skype, Facebook Video Chat, or FaceTime options are available.
- I accept payment by e-transfer (before session), cheque, or cash. I do not have a debit or credit machine at my office.
- There is no tax charged for my counselling services as registered social workers are exempt from charging GST and PST.
- Receipts are provided by email (or printed if requested) after payment is received. Please keep your receipts for your records, insurance claims, and income tax. If you have extended health benefits through your work, you may be covered for sessions with a Registered Social Worker (RSW). Regarding your taxes, in accordance with the Medical Expense Tax Credit (METC), the Government of Canada will reimburse recipients of clinical services that have expenses greater than $2,237 annually or 3 percent of the taxpayer’s net income.
- Low income? Disability? I am committed to providing accessible counselling services. Ask about sliding scale fees and/or accommodations.
I Provide LGBTQ+ and Disability Inclusive Services