I provide gentle, effective counselling for adults and youth ages 16+. My goal is for you to feel safe and cared for, while we work together on your counselling goals.
I would love to help you with:
- increasing self-esteem and self-worth
- healing your inner child and wounds from the past
- managing life transitions and/or feeling stuck
- living with health problems, chronic pain, weight issues, and disabilities
- journeying through grief and loss
- challenges in relationships
- recovery from traumatic experiences
- depression and anxiety
Location: My comfortable and private counselling office is in South Rutland (near Costco). Click the link above to see photos of my cozy client space! When you book your first appointment, I will provide the address and parking instructions.
I am an approved provider of CVAP (Crime Victim Assistance Program) counselling services. If you are beginning CVAP counselling (or are applying) I would be pleased to explore how I can support you on your healing journey.
Qualifications and Approaches: I have a Master's Degree in Clinical Social Work (MSW) and a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work (BSW). I am registered with the BC College of Social Workers (RSW #12234), and am a member in good standing with the BC Association of Social Workers. My counselling approaches include elements of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), art therapy, inner child therapy, self-regulation therapy, mindfulness, dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT), and psychodynamic theory. You and I will decide together which approaches are right for your needs. Learn How to Max Out Your Counselling Journey.
- Initial meet and greet (15 minutes) = NO FEE
- 30 minute check in = $60
- 1 hour session (60 minutes) = $120 total
- 1.5 hour session (90 minutes) = $150 total
- Skype, Facebook Video Chat, or FaceTime options are available.
- I accept payment by e-transfer, cheque, or cash. I do not have a debit or credit machine at my office.
- Payment is due on the same day as your appointment.
There is no tax charged for my counselling services as registered social workers are exempt from charging GST and PST. Receipts are provided by email (or printed if requested) after payment is received. Please keep your receipts for your records, insurance claims, and income tax. If you have extended health benefits through your work, you may be covered for sessions with a Registered Social Worker (RSW). Regarding your taxes, in accordance with the Medical Expense Tax Credit (METC), the Government of Canada will reimburse recipients of clinical services that have expenses greater than $2,237 annually or 3 percent of the taxpayer’s net income.
I Provide LGBTQ+ and Disability Inclusive Services